dimanche 10 juillet 2011

Crabby Patties

Sometimes when you try out a recipe in France, the best part of the whole experience is the shopping. I can't say that was the case for the crab cakes I made about a month ago. In the States, I usually use canned crab meat, as it's easier to get a lot of bang for your buck, and you don't end up going crazy trying to get a lot of crab meat out of several exoskeletons.

So of course, when I had the desire to make crab cakes here, I immediately think about where I could find some canned crab meat. I don't often see crabs at my poisonnèrie, and I hadn't really looked at my grocery, so it was going to be a toss up.

I thought I had found what I was looking for at Franprix. I was pretty excited, because I was unsure of its existence at the local supermarché and because it meant I could continue on with my dinner plans.

Of course, when I get home and get to work, I get totally freaked out after opening the canned crab meat. I can't find a picture, and of course I didn't take one...so my best description would be already grated wet mozzarella cheese. bleh.

That's not what I'm used to. I either bought the wrong can or that's just how it goes here. But I wasn't happy. I went on with the recipe, already sad that I wouldn't have nice crab chunks in the cakes, desperately hoping I would even taste crab after they were cooked.

Anyways, I won't go into how I cooked them, because they weren't mind-blowingly awesome...But, my plating was! Behold,

DSC_0782
Yeah, like I said, it wasn't the best cakes I've made, but I was still in a good mood afterwards. Happy plate was accomplished.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire